Wednesday, July 30, 2008

JUDGEMENT DAY!

I once had a Friend tell me that besides her Husband I was one of the only people she could 100% be herself, and not have to worry about what I would think or say or even say after she left! That is one of the those compliments that I really took straight to the heart! Make fun of you I may :) vent to you about someone else of course, But judge you or be shocked at how you choose to live your life I WILL NOT!! Maybe its because i have fallen off the path many times ( let go of the rod if you will) and know what it feels like to have people judge you and wonder why I am doing the things I am doing! I think one of the hardest things for lds people particulary in Utah is Self Rightouseness... I admit there has been many times in my life when I saw someone taking the sacrament or bearing there testimony when I knew that the night before they were participating in things they shouldnot! But quess what ITS NONE OF MY BUSINESS I should just be happy that they are there! I remember listening in Relief society some ladies were having trouble with the Sacrament because the 14 year old boy that was passing it had Funky Hair and it was long!!! I wanted to walk over and slap the lady, just be happy that he is there!! Don't worry or be uncomfortable by things you don't understand! Just be happy with your life and the way you are living it!! I know exactly what some people will think when they read this " gosh she sure sounds like she needs to defend herself she must be know she's doing something wrong!" But really its about getting people too wake the Hell up and stop being shocked or uncomfortable with how I choose too live my life!! Its the people who Judge that are Uncomfortable and feel the need to defend themselves not the other way around!

4 comments:

Ali said...

Jayci! I love you missy.. so so true. When people are upset by these mini things it makes me wonder why. I think that its good the long hair kid even has the ability to think for himself and chose to go to church when so many people are there ready to critize him. Utah is becoming more self rightous and its not helping anyone. The Book of Mormon warned us all about this when I believe the Nephites and Lamanites switched and the Nephites became the wicked.. (I hope i got that right.. its been awhile since i even went to church myself)The whole point of the gosepl is to find joy and happiness with jesus. others and ourselves. Maybe so many people have found this with the lord and with others that they project their hurtful feelings of themselves onto others. I love you Jayci and I read your blogs daily so keep em coming lover:)

Unknown said...

Love you Jayci..always have. I'll be seeing you soon.

Unknown said...

PS! ALI! You crack me up! haha...went to you page and laughed! You'll give in one day! ONE DAY!

Jayc-Sorry for using your comment space to talk to Ali :)

Kati said...

Jac- I think there are judgemental in every organization, every team, every race, every where- LDS people are no different- Does it bother you because they are judgemental and should know better? They too, just like the rest of us, have a lot to learn in this life. We all pass judgements at some point in life and it isn't always bad. If your child has a way cute fun friend that may be perfect in every way, or not, but has a dad who is a sexual preditor, you have to judge whether you want your child having a sleepover at that wonderful friends home. Sometime people pass judgements to protect their kids, family, or friends to the best of their knowledge. It is hard to know when people are judging out of protection or out of self righteousness. Many times if we really understood where other people are coming from we would be surprised how often judgements are passed with the intent of protecting. Many times these protecting judgements are often offensive- which is unfortunate. Also to add there was an aposile (ya, this LDS girl has no idea how to spell that...) that once said something to the intent- that if you can't smell smoke (meaning cigarette smoke) in the chappel then we are not doing our job. Everyone is welcome to come to come to the church. Nobody there is perfect. And everyone should feel welcomed and loved there.

Jace- So I totally love reading your blog and I hope I am not too opinionated on it- I just love that I can come here and speak my mind about your enjoyable subject matter and not feel like I am going to be "judged" for it! There aren't many people like you that can accept that other poeple can feel the way they feel and do what they do and you still accept them for that! That is a great perspective and I look up to your unconditional acceptance of others! -but seriously- let me know if my posts just absolutley drive you nuts!