Thursday, September 11, 2008

ANIMAL RIGHTS ACTIVISTS... NO COMMENT!

So Great Danes ears don't just stand up high by themselves, its a surgery that has to be done to get them looking like that, "Ear Cropping" or "Docking" and I happen to love the look of the Great Dane not the look of an oversized lab... We were not going to do it with Swoop this time around because it cost a lot to have this done but by some luck our neighbor is a vet and her clinic totally hooked us up! The doc that did it has been doing them for years and he did a really good job... These pictures are right when she got home, so they do look pretty bad but I am excited to show the progress she will make. SHe has to have the stitches in for ten days and wear the E collar for about 15 days, mostly to keep her from licking and scratching her suters, and Keep Reese away from them, Last night she was not a happy camper but today she is back to her old self except her depth perception is off a tad cuz she can't see the things to the sides of her. She is such a Pretty dog and already weighs 40 pounds and she is almost 4 months! I love having her around! Anyways nore pictures to come of her healing and progress.






She won't get this big this is a male but here is how her ears will look in several weeks.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Ouch! I can't look at her but I think what you guys did is fine. I think it makes them look sharp!

Lindsay said...

She is such a cute dog! I love big dogs, I bet your kids love her :)How is little Halle doing does she have any teeth and is she crawling yet? Reese is so close to crawling it freaks me out I really need to get my house baby proofed!

Marci said...

Hi Tomas & Jayci!

It was sooooo good to see you guys at the wedding! I'm gonna put a link to your blog on mine if that's ok. Your girls are super cute!
Marci (Boyle) Satterthwaite