Wednesday, February 20, 2008

CASTOR OIL! YUUUUUCK



SoI went into False labor last week and the anticipation of not having her is really messing with my head. When you think something is coming and it doesn't its just awful to sit around and wait. I have been having some pretty tense contractions for about a week and I have reached my limit! I am dilated to about a three and the other night I had HAD IT! So I got online and started searching for natural ways to induce labor and stumbled across the Castor Oil! I read over several pros and cons and decided against it! But not for long the next day after being up all night with these so called "contactions" that were getting me nowhere I decided to take action! I pounded 4 tablespoons of the stuff with coke! Its nasty like vaseline. Then I was on the toilet all night long with some major contractions and nothing! nada zip...... So for me it didn't work! When this little gal is ready she will come I suppose :)

7 comments:

K+C=M+K said...

How exciting! You are going have another little one any day then huh? All these people making babies gives me baby fever! Good luck with everything girl!

Kati said...

Errr! This makes me anxious for you! I hate that last month of pregnancy SO BAD!!! The anticipation just kills me! With Hyrum all my co-worker had had a lot of success going into labor by having sex. It is miserable, but it worked for me! I went into labor that night, sorry for me- I didn't work and we had to take him out c-section anyway. Best of luck!

Chad and Maresa said...

I'm confused! How come your OBGYN won't induce you? I also heard if you take a long walk it can help induce labor.

Jessica Kettle said...

ewww. definitely skip the castor oil! I hear it just gives you the runs! However, I have heard that you can see a reflexologist, or a chiropractor, or maybe even a masseuse and there are these certain pressure points and things that are supposed to be fantastic to help induce labor naturally! I would TOTALLY look into it if I were you!

As for pics, could you do the 3rd? I have a wedding the 1st, and I am going out of town shortly afterward for a shower/shoot in Seattle. So it would be a tight squeeze, but I think it might be the best bet for getting the baby in before 10 days. Let me know if that would work for you! BTW, your little family is so adorable. I can't wait to take pics of your little girl, let alone your newborn!!!

Kassie said...

Hey I lost your home phone number you need to call me again because your cell doesn't work!! Love ya

K+C=M+K said...

I keep looking on your blog to see if you've had the baby yet! Try having lots and lots of sex and then charge some stairs and see if that gets the baby outta ya!

Lindsay said...

Oh you poor girl! I was about to try that route but thought for sure I would have the same problem you did, stuck on the toilet with nothing else happening! So good luck I hope she decides to come really soon, GOOD LUCK :)